Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

I have to say I do wonder this myself, especially the ones offering a cuddly
tiger or whatever and monthly reports on the animal etc. I bet they never
say it was run over by a lumber ttruck etc.

Some of them are made cheaply by like minded agencies who use them as kind
of loss leaders to get more business.
However the bottom really has dropped out of advertising generally. We are
all far too savvy nowadays so ignore most of them entirely.
This is why we have the growth of subscription services I suppose but
people are so used to a free lunch its hard to re educate the public that
somebody somewhere needs to be paid to do things.

Maybe the channels should run a sponsor your local dross producing tv
channel kind of advert.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is it just me, or are others fed up with the quantity of begging adverts
on TV? If I resonded to all of the, I reckon it would cost me over 2K
pounds a year. I do wonder how much it costs to make the advert and screen
it and fear that most of the doantion is wasted. I have a couple of
charities I support each year, and they don't spend a penny on TV. What do
others think?