Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

On 21/11/16 08:24, charles wrote:
In article , Jim GM4DHJ ...
wrote:

"Capitol" wrote in message
o.uk...
Is it just me, or are others fed up with the quantity of begging
adverts on TV? If I resonded to all of the, I reckon it would cost me
over 2K pounds a year. I do wonder how much it costs to make the
advert and screen it and fear that most of the doantion is wasted. I
have a couple of charities I support each year, and they don't spend a
penny on TV. What do others think?

most charities are just a money making fiddles and jobs for those who run
them...peanuts go to the needy .....

as a trustee for 3 charities, all of which are run by volunteers, I'd
disagree with you.

"Most charities" does not preclude many smaller ones which are run on a
perfectly ethical basis.

It's the main big ones with national reach that are inevitable targets
for total corruption and being taken over by professional charity milkers.

"What kind of person is not interested in those things?"

"Jeremy Corbyn?"