Posted to alt.home.repair

Default My new vinly window won't close

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 21:18:15 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 11/20/2016 8:16 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 14:35:38 -0800, Oren wrote:

On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 15:44:19 -0500,
wrote:

Removing it will void the warranty. Sounds like it is not square and
needs to be taken out and properly installed. Anything else is half
assed and may become a bigger problem down the road. You can damage
the ability to seal.

Not only MAY but WILL. MUCH bigger. Take the window out and install
it properly or pay someone who can.

I'm aware of installers charging $3 for each window. That's what you
get for a three dollar install when they work piece work...

The two window companies I worked for charged one 7734 of a lot more
than $3 per window - but they COULD install them properly.

I'm having 6 windows replaced soon. They are charging $400 each for
labor and materials. I had a few others done earlier this year and they
do a fantastic job. Azek trim on the exterior so no more painting.

When they are done, the windows will be in place, every speck of waste
cleaned up, old windows carried away. You'd never know it was just
done. Twenty years ago I'd have done it myself. These days I find it
easier to write a check

@0 years ago I did all the top floor windows (in aluminum siding.) 2
years ago I wrote the cheque to Beingessners to do the front entry and
2 back windows on the main floor (in bricK)