Posted to uk.d-i-y
Old Codger[_6_] Old Codger[_6_] is offline

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

On 20/11/2016 22:36, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Sun, 20 Nov 2016 21:10:53 +0000, Capitol wrote:

Is it just me, or are others fed up with the quantity of begging adverts
on TV? If I resonded to all of the, I reckon it would cost me over 2K
pounds a year. I do wonder how much it costs to make the advert and
screen it and fear that most of the doantion is wasted. I have a couple
of charities I support each year, and they don't spend a penny on TV.
What do others think?

I fully agree. And big organised charties are mostly scams. If you want
to be charitable, do so *locally* and *directly* to those you personally
can see are in need. Don't trust intermediaries who will pass on little
or nothing on to the cause they claim to support (the Clinton Foundation
for example passed on *nothing* of the money they raised for Haiti to the
Haitians).

The only exception I make is The Salvation Army. They do a lot of good
work and fund raise by ways other than and in addition to the collection
box.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field