Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default O T Begging charity adverts on TV

Capitol wrote

Is it just me,

Unlikely.

or are others fed up with the quantity of begging adverts on TV?

I'm fed up with all ads on TV but I don't watch
anything live anymore, so I can skip the ads.

If I resonded to all of the, I reckon it would
cost me over 2K pounds a year. I do wonder
how much it costs to make the advert

Obviously depends on how its done.

and screen it

Ours used to screen some of the more worthy for free.

and fear that most of the doantion is wasted.

It is with any charity, even the ones that don't
advertise or have any collectors/street beggars.

I have a couple of charities I support each year, and
they don't spend a penny on TV. What do others think?

I don't give anything to any charity because I don't believe
that any of them are entirely done by volunteers who get
paid nothing and have never seen any charity that does
anything useful even if they don't pay anyone anything
to do what that charity does.