Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Shop lights

On 11/19/16 8:47 AM, Leon wrote:

There seems to be a lot of confusion concerning LED's and their heat out
put. I have LED lamps that replaced incandescence bulbs and the light
is cool but the part that converts to the proper voltage generates heat.

Power supplies are sources of heat, but more likely the devices heat
sink is extended into the base where the power supply is enclosed.

I also have probably 20' of high density ribbon LED lights that run on
12 volt and they do not even get warm.

The LEDs used in ribbons are not high power devices and there are
hundreds of them on a standard 16' reel. Each individual LED is only
dissipating a fraction of a watt.

-BR