Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default OT - train tickets

On 11/20/2016 1:46 PM, NY wrote:

If your husband had been able to find his in-date card, would that have
worked? If you bought the ticket on your card and are supplying his card
as verification, would it be enough that the cards are linked in some
way such that his card is an authorised user of yours? Or would they be
really picky and say: "It's a different card number" (and a different
registered user name) without checking that the cards are linked and
that the surnames are the same therefore probably husband and wife?

The reason I used that card, is that, unlike some others, the numbers
are the same, even the 3-digit verification code. Only the name on the
front is different. It makes things easier, as I generally do the
booking, and I don't need to remember (to use) different numbers.
Except this time, when the card can't be found.

snip

What is needed is separate tickets so there's no need for us to lend the
ticket to the one who's collecting, but with the two tickets regarded as
interchangeable in terms of being eligible to collect a book.

Makes sense to me.