Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Possibly OT computer replacement

In article ,
Broadback wrote:
I am considering replacing my desktop computer. what is the best way of
transferring data from my old one to the new?

If they are both PCs, Windows makes it pretty easy for them to be on a
Home group or whatever. Make the files you wish to swop shared, and simply
copy them. Obviously removing the HD and installing it in the new machine
will give quicker transfer speeds - but not everyone will find this easy.

Or you could get a portable storage device and copy them to that. Then
copy to the new machine. You'll have an additional backup that way.

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.