Posted to uk.d-i-y
robert robert is offline

Default OT - train tickets

On 20/11/2016 14:10, Robin wrote:
On 20/11/2016 13:48, S Viemeister wrote:
On 11/20/2016 1:32 PM, Robin wrote:

I say that as Scotrail still *say* you need the card used to buy the
tickets. ("Please carry the debit/credit card that was used to purchase
the ticket along with the Ticket Collection Reference.")

*But* they appear to share the ticket system with rUK (eg offering
collection from ticket machines outside Scotland). And all the tickets
I've bought in England in recent years require *a* card for ID purposes
- *not* the card used to buy the ticket.

I suspect failure to update their website. But you patently need better
than that.

I've just got off the phone with them - I was told they can modify/flag
my account, so that any other correct-name card can be used.
But the system was down (as it often seems to be these days). The CS rep
said he should be able to get it done by tomorrow, and said he'd email
me once it's been done.

Glad you have that sorted.

But crikey - it looks as if the online ticket systems for train
operating cos. in England is more flexible. I must have misunderstood
summat

And to discover that Customer Service actually works is quite novel for
some of us !