Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

I have a KSR-33 with tape punch and reader (e.g. keyboard send/receive)
I have the manual set as well. :-)

I have Electronics in metal boxes and lots of tubes. Paper is easy to
be had here and so is graph paper from grid to QA to log to Log-Log.....
I have table books so I can do trig without a box and design books on
phone systems - lots of books.

Martin

On 11/19/2016 9:50 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 06:47:01 -0500, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

On 2016-11-18, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 18 Nov 2016 04:09:34 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

I would probably have been reading BBS postings with either an
ASR-33 Teletype, or a Lear Seigler ADM-3A CRT -- both very fixed
pitch
fonts, and no choices to change fonts. :-)

Was that one of the old green 3" CRTs? g

Nope! a B&W CRT about 12" diagonal. 80x24 characters.
(Actually, as built from a kit it was 80x12 characters, and needed
extra
ram to get to the 24 line capability. It was also all upper case,
until
an extra character generator ROM was installed, and an extra RAM to
store the case-selection bit from the ASCII set.

I still have an ADM-3 terminal, along with some color Tektronix
terminals. None have been used in over 15 years.

I still have my ASR-33 for the post-EMP Internet.

Do you think they'll survive it? I guess the ASR-33 may, because they
are purely mechanical with NO switches. Not so, the ADM-3.

I bought extra dozens of 5x8 and 8.5x11 lined note pads for post-EMP
times. Those and extra mechanical pencils. They could double as
gifts from the primitive race to the aliens in exchange for an AutoDoc
and a ton of medical nannites, whenever that happens.

--
I have never understood why it is "greed" to want to keep the money you
have earned, but it is not greed to want take someone else's money.