Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hickeys

"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
Jim Wilkins wrote:
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message
DoN. Nichols wrote:

On 2016-11-18, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On 18 Nov 2016 04:09:34 GMT, "DoN. Nichols"

I would probably have been reading BBS postings with either an
ASR-33 Teletype, or a Lear Seigler ADM-3A CRT -- both very
fixed
pitch
fonts, and no choices to change fonts. :-)

Was that one of the old green 3" CRTs? g

Nope! a B&W CRT about 12" diagonal. 80x24 characters.
(Actually, as built from a kit it was 80x12 characters, and
needed
extra
ram to get to the 24 line capability. It was also all upper
case,
until
an extra character generator ROM was installed, and an extra RAM
store the case-selection bit from the ASCII set.

I still have an ADM-3 terminal, along with some color
Tektronix
terminals. None have been used in over 15 years.

I still have my ASR-33 for the post-EMP Internet.

All that will be left is dead fiber optic cable.

I'm clinging to my guns, religion and copper pair. The telco business
office wants me to switch to fiber but the repairmen understand why I
don't.

When I built my homebrew computer I used the 2125 / 2975 RTTY standard
for my casette modem.
http://www.wia.org.au/members/digital/rtty/

--jsw