Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default How best to dilute gasoline to use in a kitchen sink?

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 09:39:11 -0500, bitrex
wrote:

On 11/18/2016 08:23 PM, Robert Bannon wrote:

Acetone tends to melt far more stuff than did the gasoline.
As I said in the OP, I gave up on the acetone, but, I didn't think of using
it as the solution to cut the gasoline.

One time, not thinking what I was doing, I poured a little hardware
store acetone into a Styrofoam cup, and instantly ended up with a big
gloppy mess of acetone and melted Styrofoam on my lap.

Then I felt dumb.

Gasoline does the same thing. Might take twice as long but you still
measure it in seconds and fractions there-of.