Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair

Default How best to dilute gasoline to use in a kitchen sink?

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 14:38:22 +0000, Stormin' Norman
wrote:

On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 00:49:21 -0000 (UTC), Robert Bannon wrote:

I'll head off to the hardware store to see what California chemicals I can
find that are cheap and that are solvents that I can cut at a 10:1 ratio of
solvent to gasoline.

I will reiterate my recommendation, use WD-40 for label removal. If the odor is too offensive for your manly
sensibilities, buy the product in liquid form. If you do not atomize it with a spray, the odor is far less
pervasive.

With WD-40, apply a light layer to the label and just let it sit for a little while. Come back in 10 - 15
minutes and the adhesive will have dissolved and the label will slide off with virtually no work.

If you need a powerful solvent that will dissolve almost anything else, buy a can of lacquer thinner (yes, it
is available in California) LT is unbelievable in it's utility.

Use of and storage of gasoline and other highly carcinogenic chemicals mixtures inside the living area of a
residence is as inadvisable as smoking or leaving a loaded, unlocked firearm where might be accessible by a 5
year old child.

It will also REALLY **** off your insurance company - even if stored
in a sealed "listed" container.