Posted to rec.woodworking
Brewster[_2_] Brewster[_2_] is offline

Default Shop lights

On 11/14/16 9:00 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message

I have recently bought a couple of these, one 7" and 11".

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...6241/205890895

About a year ago, I bought 3 of these from HD. They were wire in, not screw
in. I liked them, nice and bright.
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercia...L-BN/205148593

Within 3 months, one began flickering badly. Another month or so and a
second began flickering, A month or so later the flickering was so bad that
they were unuseable so both were replaced with similar incandescent bulb
fixtures. The replaced lights had a 5 year warranty but I didn't bother
with it, HD receipt was long gone and even if I had it, the warranty has a
"not OUR fault" clause' moreover, the only remedy was repair or replace and
I didn't want another..

Four or five months later, the third began flickering too. It is still
flickering, light outbut is maybe 10% of the original. It too will be
replaced when I get around to it. That's $90 + 7% tax down the drain. No
more LEDs for me.

LEDs are one of those products where quality varies widely and usually
is in no way related to price. You can always crack one open to
determine quality, but the easiest way is to heed reliable reviews and
look for a good warranty.

-BR