Nehmo Sergheyev

Default Help with Kohler shower faucet

Harry Avant
I have a 50 year old house and one of the bathrooms has a shower using
Kohler componets. Recently the cold water would not shut off after a
morning shower. I was lucky in that it was a week day so I was able to
get to my local hardware store. They told me all I needed was a new
rubber washer which I bought. That stopped most of the leak but I was
left with a constant driping. Back to the store where they suggested I
needed all new stem and associated parts. Installed that and still
have the drip. In other words I can't completely shut the flow off.
Suggestions? Tearing out the tile and replacing the entire valve
isn't what I want to do. Is there some special trick to reinstalling
the stem?

Nehmo
Sounds like it may be the type of valve that has a seat you can grind.
If so, buy a grinding tool, and try that.

--
* Nehmo Sergheyev *