Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
JC[_6_] JC[_6_] is offline

Default How best to dilute gasoline to use in a kitchen sink?

On 11/18/2016 10:45 PM, Robert Bannon wrote:
On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 01:23:05 -0000 (UTC), Robert Bannon wrote:

Or that I actually light a fire inside my fireplace using actual matches and
wood tinder (without calling the Fire Department hotline ahead of time)?

BTW, I don't mean to chastise you unduly, as you did try to help
scientifically.

It's just that telling me the obvious stuff about gasoline isn't helpful
since we all know the obvious stuff.

Of course, if mixing gasoline with, say, naphtha causes it to become
unstable or explosive or something like that which is NOT OBVIOUS, then by
all means warn me.

But to warn me that a chain saw can cut off my finger, or that I can fall
off a ladder or winding a garage door spring is dangerous or that running
while holding sharp scissors can hurt someone, is just wasting everyone's
time stating the obvious to people who know it already.

So, I'm ok with 'real' warnings. Just not useless California nanny warnings.
Make sense?

Well, I'm just really glad I don't live in Califailia. I do like my
solvents.