Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
Robert Bannon Robert Bannon is offline

Default How best to dilute gasoline to use in a kitchen sink?

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 19:37:42 -0500, dadiOH wrote:

oil
alcohol

The two-stroke oil idea made sense that it will mix with gasoline, but it's
oily which seems to defeat the goal.

The alchol is almost certainly the best idea, but I was thinking "ethanol",
which is only available diluted with water (as vodka, for example), which is
too much water in California where even everclear is restricted in
concentration by the nanny state (and probably too expensive anyway).

But, I did not think about using isopropyl rubbing alcohol, which is cheap
and readily available at Costco.

The reason I didn't think of it is because it in and of itself didn't work
at all, but if I use it to cut the gas at 10 parts alcohol to 1 part
gasoline, it might have enough gas to still work.

I will try that and let you know.