Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default OT - Rental Cars Without Toll Transponders

On 11/18/2016 3:15 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

If you read my response to Greg, you'll see that they didn't charge me
anything extra. Just the toll and a one day rental fee on a non-existent
transponder. They charged my CC without asking, but I'm sure that was
covered in the rental contract that I read in it's entirety before
signing it. ;-)

Maybe the transponder was in place?

As an aside, after I signed the 2 foot long receipt that Enterprise's CC
machine printed out, I shoved it in my pocket. Later, when I had a chance to
read it, I was surprised at what I signed. Apparently I had entered into
a short term lease for the sole purpose of obtaining a substitute vehicle
because a vehicle that was registered in my name had been damaged to the
extent that my insurance company had deemed it undriveable. I don't know
where that assumption came from considering I simply made a reservation
through Kayak.

OK, I found the wording and the reason. Apparently I was attesting to the
fact that I was not trying beat Nevada out of the 2% county imposed rental
fee. By stating that the vehicle I rented was a replacement vehicle, I was
not subject to the 2% fee. Of course, I now realize that I actually was
(in a legal sense) trying to beat NV out the fee because I made a false attestation.

Enterprise does a lot of rentals for cars in accidents. Maybe they used
that form instead of the other regular one. I did see your photo in the
Las Vegas Post Office though.