Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Engine Management Units

On Friday, November 18, 2016 at 2:23:58 PM UTC-5, Cursitor Doom wrote:

Heck no! This is way out of my area of interest. I'd just like to
temporarily hack the security on this thing to find out if it actually
runs at all without wasting a penny more than I have to on it.

The risk you take is, in the words of a friend, turning your CPU/EMU into a brick. They are more-or-less designed not to be overly friendly to hacks, and in some cases, even breathing funny on it can brick it. That is why a programmer with the correct software is infinitely safer than probing more-or-less randomly.

Best of luck with it - and, if you have "auto recycling yards" in your neck of the woods, you might try getting an experimental unit there. It will be cheap.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA