Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Engine Management Units

On Fri, 18 Nov 2016 05:16:10 -0800, wrote:

http://www.ebay.com/bhp/ecu-programmer may be what you want right out
of the box. Especially if you are going to make a habit of it.

Heck no! This is way out of my area of interest. I'd just like to
temporarily hack the security on this thing to find out if it actually
runs at all without wasting a penny more than I have to on it.

At the same time, you are not going to be able to repair/modify at the
component level without damaging the coating. So, you might just have-at
then repair the coating after the fact.

Thank you, Peter. I shall bear that in mind, but what I have in mind is
nothing more at this stage than probing for existing voltages in some
places and injecting same at others.