Posted to uk.d-i-y
sintv sintv is offline

Default Car battery jumper packs

On Friday, 18 November 2016 19:07:54 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 11/18/2016 6:17 PM, Tim Watts wrote:
On 18/11/16 17:04, Munch wrote:
Been toying with the idea of getting one of these battery pack jumper
thingies like this one on the Bay of Fleas: http://tinyurl.com/hzczdkp

Any preferred brands? Does that one look like a good one? Are they
worthwhile or just a 'toy' that doesn't work particularly well?

I have one of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DBPOWER-165.../dp/B00YDZR3ZI

and it has started a diesel 2.0l VW Touran with a dead battery (lights
on, no crank action left).

I was surprised... It seems to hold its charge well too.

My Floureons look virtually identical to this. My main thought on the
one you linked to was that it was at the bottom end of the price range,
but seemed to claim unreasonably high capacity. So personally, I would
go with something "branded", also Amazon's no quibble replacement of
anything faulty is better and easier than eBay's. Now I come to think
about it, one of mine suffered an obvious switch failure in the first
month (lost its positive "click"), but sorted easily by Amazon.

My 1.8 diesel Connect wouldnt start so borrowed my mates RoyPow charger and it started it no problem. So I bought one, nice and compact to store under seat.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/18000mAh-Cu...oypow+18000mah