Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Chris Whelan Chris Whelan is offline

Default Car battery jumper packs

Munch wrote:

Been toying with the idea of getting one of these battery pack jumper
thingies like this one on the Bay of Fleas: http://tinyurl.com/hzczdkp

Any preferred brands? Does that one look like a good one? Are they
worthwhile or just a 'toy' that doesn't work particularly well?

I can't comment on any particular one, but my stepson, an ex VW master tech
and AA patrol, got one from eBay. When he saw it 'in the flesh' he didn't
think it would start a car, but when the battery on his Transit was failing,
it started that three times in one day, re-charging it after the second use.

He has subsequently used it on other cars, and unless the non-starting
vehicle's battery was completely dead (as in won't turn on the interior
light) then it has worked every time.

Chris

--
Remove prejudice to reply.