Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

Default OT - Rental Cars Without Toll Transponders

On 11/18/2016 9:14 AM, DerbyDad03 wrote:
Does anyone know what actually happens if you go through a "transponder only"
toll station in a rental car without a transponder?

On a recent vacation in CA, I found myself approaching the Golden Gate Bridge
in an Enterprise rental. There are no toll collectors on this bridge, only
transponder lanes.

After I got home, I read the rules found here but I was already well beyond
the "pay within 48 hours" time frame.

http://goldengate.org/tolls/rentalto...php#enterprise

I'm considering calling Enterprise discuss this, even though I am well
beyond the mailing of the violation letter that I assume went to Enterprise.
I just figured I'd run the question by the ng first to see if anyone has some
real life experience/advice for this type of situation.

Thanks.

Same thing happened to me in Orlando. Hit an unattended exit toll booth on 429 at Winter Garden that only takes exact change or transponder. I had neither. All I had was my driver's license and a Disney MagicBand thingy.

Anyway, turned myself in a couple days later at the Enterprise return desk at the end of my vacation. Paid the exact toll, no late penalty was assessed.

You were in California though so YMMV. ;-)