Roger Mills

Default Fitting aerial on roof - how to get up there!

David Aldridge wrote in message
I need to change the aerial on my roof, and I was hoping for some useful
advice before I go up there. The problem is, that the roof is a little
unusual - rather than the normal inverted 'v' there are also side angles

too
which are quite sheer. See picture http://www.dmaz.demon.co.uk/house.jpg

my
house is also the middle of a terrace, so there's no access from the

sides.

So any kind soul feel like giving me some advice? - even if it's 'get a
professional'. (in which case how much do you think that might cost?)

Thanks.

Dave

Know anyone with a helicopter? g

Seriously, you'll need two ladders. The first one - probably of the
extending variety needs to lean against what you call the side angles of the
roof, and to reach a little way above the level where the slope changes. The
second one - of the roof variety, with wheels and apex hooks one end - needs
to lie on the final bit of the roof. [You will have to carry this up the
first ladder, slide it up the roof on its wheels, and turn it over when it
gets to the top].

The two ladders then need lashing firmly together - whereupon you can
confidently climb from the first to the second and hence to the top. [I
assume that the aerial mast is fixed to the chimney?].

Roger