Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default New furnace

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 7:21:43 PM UTC-5, Buzz wrote:
On 11/16/2016 6:29 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 10:59:19 AM UTC-5, wrote:
do you have a separate hot water hater or does your furnace also supply hot water for your house?

I've never seen a furnace heat water. Furnaces heat air, boilers
heat water. But then the post did come from home moaners hub,
so who knows, you may be on to something....

Or maybe you're an idiot?

https://www.google.com/search?q=define%3A+furnace

an appliance fired by gas, oil, or wood in which air or water is heated to be circulated throughout a building in a heating system.

Instead of going to google for a definition, why don't you look at
how the manufacturers use the terms, how the HVAC trade uses the terms?
That's what we're talking about here, a home heating system. Show us
some manufacturers of boilers that call them furnaces or vice-versa.
Show me a spec sheet for some home boilers where they call it a furnace.