Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Heard It On The X Heard It On The X is offline

Default Hickeys

On Thu, 17 Nov 2016 05:44:32 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 21:20:02 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 19:47:00 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 14:23:02 -0800, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 07:43:02 -0800, Larry Jaques
wrote:

The MGA was the first of the swoopy body designs for the sports
cars, and I always thought looked nicer than the MGB line.

(googling to refresh memory) My dad ran an Austin Healey 100/4 in
gymkhanas and autocrosses in me yout. I grew up/teethed on tuning his
spoked wheels. They were quite similar to the MGA, wot?

My dad drove Jag XK-Es in those rallys. His beer buddy and partner
was a Wolfsburg trained German by the name of Hans the Kraut.

That must have been a bear. Those things are close to 40' long.

They spent a bit more than 300% tinkering with them, than driving
them.

Really effiecent cars to own.

Yeah, pass.

I know where there are two of them, lovely cars...have zip interest in
aquiring either of them

You couldn't pay me to own a Lucas-infected vehicle.

My Royal Enfield "Super Meteor" motorcycle currently has all the Lucas
removed and Jap installed. It was easy to do and now I can trust it.

Smart!

Yup, it makes perfect sense to waste time on worthless stuff that will
never be used for any useful purpose.

g I hope you went old-school. Less trouble from EMPs.

Though rumor is, we'll be seeing our Brothers from Space here RSN, so
any EMP event may never happen after all.

Sheesh! Now he'll have to add more layers to his foil hat.