Dan G

Default Cleaning a driveway with muriatic acid

Put on some old clothes you don't care about. Shoes too. Rubber
gloves, rubber boots, and some goggles would also be in order.

Typically, reduce the muriatic about 5 parts water to 1 part acid. I
have used it straight, pouring it onto pre-soaked concrete. Push it
around with an old stiff bristle broom, or you can buy cheap fiber
bristled acid brushes. It will foam up with a yellow color and the
fumes are quite breath taking. When it quits bubbling, it has kinda
used up its thunder. The longer it sits the deeper it etches the
concrete. Wash thoroughly to dilute the acid and stop the etching
effect.

Muriatic Acid will hurt - metal (especially steel and aluminum), cloth,
skin, eyes, cementitious materials

Muriatic Acid will not hurt - glass, crockery, plastic, rubber, bricks

I did tell you to wear old clothes that you don't care about didn't I?
Take all the other normal precautions when using something that can hurt
you.

--

Keep the whole world singing. . .
Dan G

(remove the 7)

"William Redding" wrote in message
I have to pressure clean my driveway. It is stained brown from years
of well water overflow.

I understand that using a water pressure machine and muriatic acid is
good for this type of cleaning.

How is the acid applied to the driveway and how much?

Thanks

Bill