Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT, Ping gfre From Florida

On Wednesday, November 16, 2016 at 9:48:05 AM UTC-6, wrote:
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 23:35:04 -0800 (PST), Uncle Monster
wrote:

Hey pal, I believe you mentioned that you once worked for IBM. I came across something you could put on your mantle or poolside bar. (€¢?€¢)

https://www.etsy.com/listing/4699363...-new-old-stock

http://tinyurl.com/zgz64r2

[8~{} Uncle Vintage Monster

Thanks but I have no use for a "Piccolo" drive.
I do have a platter from one in this clock.

http://gfretwell.com/ftp/clock.jpg

It is the second one in (8")
That drive was used in white box AS/400s and several smaller systems
or support processors from enterprise world.

I remember the huge drum memory used by the Univac 1100 series machines. What we have today was science fiction back in the 1960's when I started playing around with the mainframes at the university. My little dumbass phone has more computing power than those early mainframe computers that took up whole floors of buildings. I have a 5th generation 7" Amazon Fire tablet(2015)model I got on sale for $40.00 that has a quad-core processor, 8GB memory, front and rear facing cameras plus it can handle up to 128GB of expandable storage. It's an amazing little tablet that does exactly what I want which is take the place of the newspaper or novel when I go to the bathroom to drop a load of readymix. I don't know why anyone would pay hundreds for a tablet because it has an "i" in its name when you can get a Fire tablet for $50.00. Your clock is cool but check these out.ヽ(ヅ)ノ

https://www.etsy.com/search?q=computer%20board%20clocks

[8~{} Uncle iMonster