Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Bulbs

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 20:59:56 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 15:16:33 UTC, Dave Plowman
(News)
wrote:
In article
,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Wednesday, 9 November 2016 11:20:31 UTC, Dave Plowman
(News)
wrote:
In article
,

When I re-wired this place, I made sure hall etc
switching
was
easily
available from everywhere it could possibly be needed.
Which
means
5
switches for one of them.

I remmeber planing to put thin or thick ethenet cables
in
everyroom.
wired speakers from the frontroom across the loft down
into
the
kitchen
and bathroom with swtiches so I could switch them off
and
on
well
that
was in the 80s, how was I to know that I could carry a
walkman
type
device which could store more music than I owned.

Pray tell how having a walkman replaces decent speakers in
room?

Where did I say they did ?

Try learning to read first.
"I could carry a walkman type device"

And what you use to specify what you want to listen to is
quite
separate to where the sound comes out speakers wise too.

Yep so how does he use his music centre from the kitchen or
bathroom.

No I have PIR which switch on when I go to the loo.

And no reason why you can't have that for the entire
house so the system turns the lights on and off completely
automatically because it knows where people are at all times.

what is the it that knnows where everyone is at all timnes ?

PIRs strategically placed. May well do dual duty for the alarm
system.

Cats and other pets trigger them too.

Trivially easy to organise them so that they dont.

How do you organise a cat ?

You organise the PIRs, not the cat, stupid.

How do orgnise PIRs so cats don't trigger them.

Alarm systems do it all the time. Same
with small rodents like mice and rats too.

by NOT detecting in those areas.

Which is the area close to the floor so that the human would
have to be lying on the floor to not be detected, stupid.

Cats go through cat flaps usualy attached to doors or close by.

And its completely routine to organise the alarm PIRs to handle that.

you make sure the sensitivity is turned down that's all.

Even more pig ignorant than you usually manage.

Same with cats outside too.

Hence false triggering of lights.

Doesnt happen when done properly and is no big deal
with modern low consumption LED lights anyway.

Most do for situations like the next one when the system
mostly works out where everyone is at any given time.

What system does that ?

One that uses PIRs or RF ID to work that out.

PIRs can't do it

Wrong, as always.

right as always or show me a PIR that can detect who you are.

Doesnt have to detect who you are, ALL it has to do is
detect that its a human and not a cat or mouse or rat.

Then how does it do that.

By not bothering with stuff that is too low to the floor.

And with modern LED lights, it doesnt even have to be all
that reliable about detecting when there has been no one
present for quite a while, even just a half hour delay in turning
off the lights when there has been no movement detected for
that time is time.

And with modern LED lights its also fine to just leave most of
the lights on all the time too except when you want to sleep etc.

reams of your irrelevant **** flushed where it belongs