Posted to alt.home.repair
burfordTjustice burfordTjustice is offline

Default New furnace

On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 06:49:40 -0600
philo wrote:

On 11/15/2016 10:32 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 11/15/2016 08:14 PM, Penni Snyder wrote:
My thermostat is off but my furnace still runs it turns on off
allot It doesn't run consistently

What sort of furnace? I have a forced air/gas furnace. In the warmer
months the pilot light generates enough heat to trigger the
circulating fan. The furnace itself does not come on just. I turn
the pilot off in the summer.

Pilot light?

Furnaces have not had pilot lights for 30 (?) years.

Yours must be ancient.

Modern gas furnaces use electronic ignition systems to light the
burners in modern furnaces. One can still purchase a gas furnace or
water heater with the old standing pilot ignition systems. These
systems have been proven reliable and safe over time. However, why
would someone want to purchase a gas furnace or water with a standing
pilot ignition system rather than purchase a gas furnace or water
heater with an electronic ignition system? Lets define the two
different types of gas furnace or water heater ignition systems. Then
we will surmise based on that why someone would purchase a standing
pilot gas ignition system over an electronic ignition system.

https://highperformancehvac.com/elec...tanding-pilot/