Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Where do you get those big fat plugs for extension cords?

In sci.electronics.repair, on Tue, 15 Nov 2016 16:03:30 -0800 (PST),
w9gb wrote:

Robert -
IF you desire Hospital Grade -- then you will pay more for that designation/certification.
You do realize that surplus Hospital and military outlets (NOS) are where to look for bargains??
$10 to $20 each is COMMON for that designation.

I prefer Leviton, and have used Hubbell for other NEMA versions (straight and twist-lock).
You will notice that Home Depot and Lowes have switched to LeGrand and other cheaper brands.
---
McMaster-Carr and their "Will Call" window is 2 miles from my house (so I have ready access)
You can check prices on-line.
NEMA Electrical Pkugs and Receptacles
https://www.mcmaster.com/#electrical...acles/=1521gh9
===
NEMA is the North American standard AND we use 120 VAC, 60 Hz.
Majority of manufacturing for those NEMA plugs are Mexico or Central America (NAFTA).

Central America is related to CAFTA. North America stops at the
Mexico-Guatemala border.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Domini... ade_Agreement
The agreement is a treaty under international law, but not under the
U.S. Constitution because in the United States laws require majority
approval in both houses, while treaties require two-thirds approval in
the Senate only. Under U.S. law, CAFTA-DR is a congressional-executive
agreement.

The U.S. Senate approved the CAFTA-DR on June 30, 2005, by a vote of
54-45,[2] and the U.S. House of Representatives approved the pact on
July 28, 2005, by a vote of 217-215, with two representatives not
voting.[3] Controversy arose over this vote because it was held open 1
hour and 45 minutes longer than the normal 15 minutes in order to get
some members to change their votes.[4] For procedural reasons, the
Senate took a second vote on CAFTA on July 28 and the pact garnered an
additional vote from Sen. Joe Lieberman —who had been absent on June 30—
in favor of the agreement.[5] The implementing legislation became Public
Law 109-053 when it was signed by President George W. Bush on August 2,
2005.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_...rade_Agreement
Following diplomatic negotiations dating back to 1990 among the three
nations, U.S. President George H. W. Bush, Canadian Prime Minister Brian
Mulroney and Mexican President Carlos Salinas, each responsible for
spearheading and promoting the agreement, ceremonially signed the
agreement in their respective capitals on December 17, 1992.[7] The
signed agreement then needed to be ratified by each nation's legislative
or parliamentary branch.