Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Damn Olson blades.

On 11/15/2016 8:26 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
news
By the way, along with all the other factors I listed in my first post
on this subject, you also should make sure your blade is running
(tracking) on the proper spot on the wheels with regards to the crown.

You will find differing information out there as to whether to have the
blade on center, slightly forward, etc., etc. What I have found is that
is varies slightly with each blade and their different widths and
thicknesses. I usually make test cuts to see where each blade want to
ride on the wheels so as not to be pushed or pulled.

Tracking also changes between not cutting and cutting. It can track exactly
as you want when turning the wheel by hand but will move back a bit when
cutting.

I don't find that to be true. If your guides are right where they should
be the guide takes the pressure and does not change the tracking at all.
And I assume this is because it is well tuned as well.

--
Jeff