Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Where do you get those big fat plugs for extension cords?

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 06:51:53 -0800 (PST), John G
wrote:

I want to fix a half dozen or more 120VAC (USA) extension cords, all with
molded on connectors, both male and female by putting on something like
this:
http://www.parts-express.com/Data/De...0-403_HR_0.jpg

I'd like to replace them with those big fat meaty ones like those you see in
a hospital.
https://static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/...ger/5A076_AS01

Googling, they're pretty expensive at $20 to $40 each!
https://www.grainger.com/category/ecatalog/N-1z0dqef

Lowes has not as good ones for $5 to $7 each:
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Electrical-...cal/4294722553

Just curious if I can get the hospital grade plugs at about the Lowes price?

Any suggestions?

Hospital grade devices and fittings vary in price by manufacturer. Leviton is probably the least expensive with Hubbell probably being the most expensive. Reardless, hospital grade devices will be much more expensive than commercial grade devices.

I would go to a local electrical supply company and see what they have.

John Grabowski
http://www.MrElectrician.TV

Why bwould he do that. EVERYBODY knows it's cheaper to buy on-line.
(except most often it is NOT)