Posted to sci.electronics.repair
w9gb[_2_] w9gb[_2_] is offline

Default Where do you get those big fat plugs for extension cords?

Robert -
IF you desire Hospital Grade -- then you will pay more for that designation/certification.
You do realize that surplus Hospital and military outlets (NOS) are where to look for bargains??
$10 to $20 each is COMMON for that designation.

I prefer Leviton, and have used Hubbell for other NEMA versions (straight and twist-lock).
You will notice that Home Depot and Lowes have switched to LeGrand and other cheaper brands.
---
McMaster-Carr and their "Will Call" window is 2 miles from my house (so I have ready access)
You can check prices on-line.
NEMA Electrical Pkugs and Receptacles
https://www.mcmaster.com/#electrical...acles/=1521gh9
===
NEMA is the North American standard AND we use 120 VAC, 60 Hz.
Majority of manufacturing for those NEMA plugs are Mexico or Central America (NAFTA).
--
I would not consider China sources via eBay, Alibaba, etc. for NEMA plugs.