Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] douglasmennie@gmail.com is offline

Default Ultrasonic bird repellers

On Saturday, May 22, 2010 at 11:52:13 PM UTC+10, Worn Out Retread wrote:
Does anyone have experience in using ultrasonic bird repellers? Do they work
or are they just a fancy gadget that actually does very little or nothing?

I need something that won't disturb my neighbours' and rid my large tree of
birds. They are making a terrible mess under the tree.

Thank you.

--
Ron P

Too soon old
Too late smart

Do you own a hose and is your water pressure good. If so spend some time annoying them with the hose. It has to be a high pressure single stream that you can hit them with. A sprinkler etc they will like, but the solid high pressure stream they will not like. You are unlikely to hit them as they move away quickly. When you stop they come back, but do it repeatedly and they will go elsewhere.

This is not an instant fix, nor a permanent one, it takes ongoing work on your part. You may be able to use multiple hoses on a timer to blast the tree every so often.
You can also try a catapult to shoot at them, the idea is constantly annoy them and they will perch elsewhere.