Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] Paintedcow@unlisted.moo is offline

Default Amazon prices

On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 10:55:00 -0500, wrote:

I have never had that problem with Amazon or Ebay. Usually they just
credit it back to you and tell you to throw away the defective
product. If there is a return, I get an RMA and a postage paid label.

OTOH I am not really happy with Best Buy. I bought an oven from them
and I never did get it. They canceled the order with no notice after
postponing delivery. It was supposed to be 8-10 days, then 8 weeks
then canceled.

I've gotten some deals on movies and books on Amazon, but for everything
else, I normally buy from Ebay and get the best price there. I have
gotten some defective stuff, but ebay is quick to refund and generally
dont require me returning the defect item. I do not buy from China
though. I just dont feel safe giving out my credit card, and waiting
weeks is not worth the savings. The last time I attempted to buy from
China, I paid for a small figurine (Buy it now), I get a notice from
ebay, saying my item was shipped. A few more days later, I got a email
from the seller who tells me there is a shortage of this item and I will
have to wait several more weeks, ir I can get a refund. I was willing to
wait, but a week more I was told the item did not exist, and I'd get a
refund. Then he tells me to please leave POS feedback.

Feedback for what? Why were they offering the item if there was none to
sell? I figured that since there was no item, there would not be any
feedback at all. I did not leave any.

I generally only buy auto parts and computer parts online, and maybe a
few books and movies. If it's common stuff that I can buy in a store, I
go to the store. If for no other reason, having a rural mailbox, means I
will end up having to drive to the post office to get everything that
wont fit in my mailbox.