Posted to alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_9_] Jon Danniken[_9_] is offline

Default Amazon prices

On 11/15/16 6:34 AM, dadiOH wrote:
"CRNG" wrote in message
When I started shopping at Amazon in 1999, I quickly came to
believe that their prices were very good. For the past year or so,
I've been feeling that their prices can no longer be taken for
granted as generally being lower. Here's a recent example:

Here's a GPS I'm thinking of getting from WalMart for $100
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Garmin-nu...d-GPS/49574318

It's $115 at Amazon

Anybody else noticing this Amazon price-creep?

Prices for the same item can vary a great deal at Amazon. Depends
upon who is selling it.

It also depends on who, when, where, and how. I've seen their prices
change after I look at an item a few times, and while my initial
suspicion was that the price just went up, searching for the item from
another device at another location returned the initial price.

I don't blame them for that, they are a business after all, and whatever
algorithms they have in place are there to get them the sale at the best
price. It does pay to shop around though, of course.

Jon