CMF

Default Hvac question, do I clean the evaporator if I have access to it?

As you can tell from the question, I am not an HVAC person, but I recently
discovered a rather significant cold air loss in my attic due to a shoddy
job of evaporator replacement a few years ago. No telling how much money I
have thrown down the drain cooling my attic!

Anyway, I'm up there doing some cleanup and a little sheet metal work to
seal this beast off again, and I wonder if I should do anything to clean the
evaporator while I am in there? right now, I can't tell how dirty it is if
any because it was kind of frosty, but I have turned the unit off and will
go check shortly.

If I do clean it, what should I use? Personally I'm guessing that I should
leave it alone, but want to hear from experts. And I know I should hire a
professional to do this, but I'm not completely inept, however I am
completely broke.

--
Maury French

Wylie, TX
"I cannot teach my kids ethics if I do not
practice them myself"