Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Robot mason

On Mon, 14 Nov 2016 18:29:31 -0600, philo wrote:

On 11/10/2016 03:21 PM, wrote:
There was a thread here a week or so ago about a robot mason and
saying it takes weeks to lay the brick in a house. I understand this
was block but the Mexicans laid up a 2400 sq/ft house in one day here
and they were done at 3.

I saw that too. It's pretty amazing but so much construction is now done
with poured concrete I'm not sure if that will catch on.

Also: even though it's fast...how long does it take to setup and
disassemble? How reliable is it...what if it breaks down etc?

That business is migrating to ICF. They are basically styrofoam Lego
blocks that they lay the walls up with and then pour the center solid
with concrete. It is a very solid structure and well insulated (~6" of
foam).
They built one up the road and it went from footer to tie beam in
about 3 days.