Posted to sci.electronics.repair,alt.home.repair
philo philo is offline

Default Where do you get those big fat plugs for extension cords?

On 11/14/2016 06:40 PM, Robert Bannon wrote:
I want to fix a half dozen or more 120VAC (USA) extension cords, all with
molded on connectors, both male and female by putting on something like
this:
http://www.parts-express.com/Data/De...0-403_HR_0.jpg

I'd like to replace them with those big fat meaty ones like those you see in
a hospital.
https://static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/...ger/5A076_AS01

Googling, they're pretty expensive at $20 to $40 each!
https://www.grainger.com/category/ecatalog/N-1z0dqef

Lowes has not as good ones for $5 to $7 each:
https://www.lowes.com/pl/Electrical-...cal/4294722553

Just curious if I can get the hospital grade plugs at about the Lowes price?

Any suggestions?

Probably better to replace the whole cord but if you do replace either
the plug or receptacle do not cheap out.

I used such things on my job. Since I retired a few years ago I forgot
which brand names are which but those black and white ones will last
for years. The yellow ones can melt.