iBuyMinis

Default Master Bedroom above the garage

"And leave the ceiling fan off when you aren't in the room."

I respectfully ask why?

------------------------------
http://iBuyMinis.Us

"Doug Boulter" wrote in message
.230...
(Jan) wrote on 31 Jul 2003:

Are there any other
things that I can do to lower the temps in the master BR (besides
keeping the ceiling fan on, which, anyway, isn't much effective)?

My two cents. . .

More insulation in the attic and a radiant barrier should help.

If built to code, the garage ceiling should have 5/8" drywall (for
fire protection) and insulation between the joists. Probably not
much to be done there.

Your biggest heat gain is probably coming in thru the windows.
Better windows with UV coatings will help, but are expensive for
what you'll get unless your house has really cheap windows.

I know awnings over the windows aren't really a "Texas thing," but
they would be a real help and a good bang for the buck.

If your garage doors have windows in them, replacing them with
insulated, windowless doors would help and would be better for home
security - thieves can't tell if your car is there or not.

I'd do the awnings and the insulation/radient barrier before I
tried anything more difficult.

And leave the ceiling fan off when you aren't in the room.

--
Doug Boulter

To reply by e-mail, remove the obvious word from the e-mail address