Posted to alt.home.repair
Muggles[_15_] Muggles[_15_] is offline

Default (OT) Pants length for men

On 11/13/2016 11:18 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 23:05:09 -0600, Muggles
wrote:

On Sat, 12 Nov 2016 17:37:37 -0600,
wrote:
Is there any sort of glue I could use to permanently
glue the cuffs up?

I have an easy solution, if your interested.

I'm waiting.......

(Might it be to become a nudist) LOL.

I can't think of anyone who would want to see that happen! lol

My solution is the same as someone else mentioned. It's using a product
fondly known as Stitch Witchery, or the generic version of fusible hem
tape.

https://www.google.com/#q=fusible+hem+tape

It's cheap, easy to us, and it works great. For heavy jean material you
can get a heavy duty version of it. You use the heat of an iron to fuse
a hem vs. using a sewing machine to do it. Just be careful how hot your
iron is and while fusing the hem keep your iron moving over the area
you're wanting to fuse otherwise you can burn your material.

To get a feel for how it works, get some scrap material as close to the
material you want to fuse, like a sample from old jeans and practice a
few times fusing the material together with an iron. When you've got
the hang of it turn your pants cuff inside out and make sure you fold up
the hem wrong sides together and measure how many inches you need the
hem to be shortened. When you're sure of that, press the lower edge of
the cuff to it'll crease where the new hem will be. Then insert the
fusing tape into that pocket so none of it shows. Use the iron to press
over the cuff again and the fusing tape will melt and bond the hem together.

If you make a mistake, it's a bit of a mess to undo. I don't recommend
trying to undo fusing a hem because I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it
comes to clothing projects.

--
Maggie