Posted to uk.d-i-y
Simon Mason Simon Mason is offline

Default Free electricity?

On Sunday, 13 November 2016 10:33:04 UTC, Chris Green wrote:
alan_m wrote:

The only way you may be getting free electricity is if you have dropped
off of the radar - your old supplier has closed the account and your new
supplier has no record of you signing up.

Which does happen, my daughter got her electricity for nothing for
several years for this reason. She repeatedly tried to find who her
supplier was to no avail. As a result she *didn't* get a huge
backdated bill when it was finally sorted out because only one year's
worth was chargeable.

I am toying with the idea of getting rid of my gas central heating, converting to 100% electric and so I will pay NO energy charges at all!