HvacTech2

Default Thermostat Wiring

Hi Peter, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Aug-03 At About 10:55:28, Peter wrote to All
Subject: Thermostat Wiring

P From: Peter

P On Thu, 01 Aug 2003 19:22:39 , "HvacTech2"
P wrote:

P 1. Is there any way to do this without damaging my HVAC system?

P 2. If so, to what terminals on the control panel inside my HVAC unit
P should I connect the relay?
P it isn't that simple. you will need a single pole double throw
P relay and a special hookup to do what you want.

P You've convinced me that it's not as simple as just connecting my
P external relay to the green & red wires. Just so I understand this
P better, can you explain why that is. What "bad things" would happen
P if I did that?

What would happen is you would run the A/C compressor every time that relay
kicked in for the fan. there is an internal connection in the thermostat
between Y and G when the fan is in auto position. if you left it in the on
position it would be OK but that would defeat the purpose of the relay

-= HvacTech2 =-

... "It's a small world, but I wouldn't want to have to paint it."- s.w.

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail