TonyK

Default Storage heaters HELP!!!!!!!!

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 12:51:33 +0000, derek wrote:

On 12 Dec 2003 13:32:15 -0800, (lioneluk) wrote:

I've just got a new place with horrible storage heaters and i'm
wanting to know if it is possible to paint these? some sort of special
paint etc?

Maybe exhaust paint?

If not possible can u put some sort of cover over them?

Don't cover them at all. -*DANGEROUS*.

They'll heat up to the temp of the bricks inside!

There is one place I do work on with these. Every new tenant has to find
your that they must not be covered. There are warnings on the units.
The landlord stresses the importance but every one of them has to find out
that if you cover them then they switch off and need to be manually reset.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
www.diyfaq.org.uk

Does this mean you shouldn;t use those "nice" MDF radiator covers over them?
I have several in 100% original victorian rooms which I need / would like to
hide.

Tony