Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hearn[_2_] David Hearn[_2_] is offline

Default Lithium batteries

On 13/11/2016 21:08, ss wrote:
Selling a camera that has a spare Lithium battery, anyone know of how I
can legally post this, as the post office refuses unless the battery is
in the item being sold.
I could I suppose sell without the spare but the battery will be of no
use to me and I would rather pass it on.

http://www.royalmail.com/sites/defau...cted-Items.pdf

If the destination is within the UK, and being sent with an electronic
device but not fitted inside that device (e.g. including a spare battery
with the camera), then the Royal Mail will accept it. See "Electronic
devices sent with lithium batteries" section above. I've found it's not
uncommon for Post Offices to quote Royal Mail's International
destination rules despite asking about UK destination items when I've
verbally asked, rather than the more relaxed UK destination rules which
should have applied.