Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Fitting a carpet

Good Grief. What carpet what underlay?
Talking to fitters they usually stretch carpets and hold the edges with
those strips of upward facing pin things. If you don't stretch it
uniformly, in a short time you get wrinkles and bulges as it stretcheds when
walked on. It is a bit of an art, though I'm sur its easy to teach it.
Sadly the state of my knees these days mean any new carpet I get will be
fitted by somebody else!
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"R D S" wrote in message
news
I need to carpet a room, going to use it as an office.
I know a guy who will do it cheap but he's always busy.

I would have thought that the cutting was where the skill was but this
room hasn't any skirting yet.
It's freshly reboarded, there's no underlay, does it need fixing down?
If not i'll do it myself.