Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Crappy Plywood

Might be insurance company mandate after the coastal destruction of most
buildings.

It was later determined that keeping the wind out of the building
saves the building.

Martin

On 11/13/2016 9:42 AM, woodchucker wrote:
On 11/12/2016 9:20 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 11/11/2016 4:05 PM, -MIKE- wrote:

How dare you let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Ditto ... and proving there are many grades, as well as valid uses, of
"oriented strand board" that many not in the construction trade are
apparently unaware.

IIRC, you used AdvanTech on your shop floor? Happy with it?

Around here in my area of NJ Pittstown, NJ central western ..
many of the houses being built or expaned seem to be wrapped in ply , I
see a lot less OSB.. There still is some OSB, but I have noticed the
last few years ply is making a comeback.

Same with commercial small buildings.

Not sure why, just an observation.. There is a lot less building going
on then b4 2009, but its still noticeable that ply has comeback.