Posted to alt.home.repair
Stormin' Norman Stormin' Norman is offline

Default (OT) Pants length for men

On Sun, 13 Nov 2016 20:34:56 -0500, "dadiOH" wrote:

wrote in message
.. .

Last summer I had to sew a strap onto my canvas tent. It came off while
I was setting the tent up. I went and bought a pack of thick needles
made for leather or canvas, and some thick heavy duty thread.

After fighting with the needles, poking my finger till it bled (several
times), I got out plyers, and broke the needle, I got vice grips and
broke another needle, and so on....

About 15 years ago I bought a sailmaker's palm in case of a scenario like
yours. I haven't needed it yet but by jing it's there if I need it

I bought a stitching awl similar to this one many years ago for
repairing saddles, harnesses and bridle accessories for our draft
horses. I have used it many times, it works great and is very fast.

http://www.harborfreight.com/quick-s...awl-91812.html