HvacTech2

Default Thermostat Wiring

Hi Peter, hope you are having a nice day

On 01-Aug-03 At About 01:12:17, Peter wrote to All
Subject: Thermostat Wiring

P From: Peter

P Just to clarify to anyone who may care what I am planning to do and
P why I asked the original question...

P I wanted to know which two wires control the fan On/Auto function. I
P have since learned from this thread it's green and red. I *will*
P open the thermostat to double check that before I do anything else.

P I plan to connect a normally-open relay in parallel with the On/Auto
P switch. The relay will be controlled by my home automation system.
P This will enable me to turn the fan On/Auto from my automation
P system. I am not trying to control the heating/cooling functions
P of my HVAC; just the fan On/Auto.

P Assuming I pick the correct pair of wires (which I think I can now do
P even though I am not a "professional") I don't see how this will
P damage my HVAC system. If anyone thinks I'm wrong about that I'd
P certainly like to hear what you have to say.

what is the model number of your thermostat? if it is a honeywell T87?? or
one of several other mechanical models this will cause the A/C to run and it
will cause damage. the relay may have to be wired differently to make it
work.

-= HvacTech2 =-

... And now, a brief musical interlude

___ TagDude 0.92á+[DM]
spam protection measure, Please remove the 33 to send e-mail